The mission of the UAMS Southwest Family Medicine Residency Program is to:
- Guide you in obtaining knowledge about established and evolving biomedical, clinical, and cognate sciences and the application of the knowledge to patient care.
- Enable you to learn how to deliver patient care that is compassionate, appropriate, and effective for the treatment and the promotion of health.
- Teach you tools that will enable you to investigate and evaluate your patient care practices, appraise and assimilate scientific evidence, and improve your patient care practices.
- Help you develop interpersonal and communication skills that result in effective information exchange and learning with patients, families, and professional associates.
- Inspire you in a way that will result in a commitment to carrying professional responsibilities, adherence to ethical principles, and sensitivity to a diverse patient population.
- Raise your awareness of and responsiveness to the larger context and system of health care and the ability to effectively call on system resources to provide care that is of optimal value.