Thank you for your interest in our residency program!
- We have NO unfilled positions at this time.
- We do not offer extracurricular observerships.
- We do not sponsor any type of Visa.
Applications are accepted exclusively through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) program. Information about the ERAS program is available at your dean’s office or through the ECFMG office.
For your application to be considered, you must meet the following requirements:
- No minimum USMLE score requirements, but no more than two attempts per exam will be accepted
- Graduated medical school within last 5 years
- At least twelve months of supervised clinical experience in a United States health care facility within the last two years
- Valid ECFMG certificate, if applicable
- Three letters of recommendation
- Dean’s letter
- Medical school transcript
Based upon review of the application documents, applicants are invited for personal interviews with our faculty and residents. Spouses are encouraged to accompany the applicants for this visit to Texarkana.
We seek residents who are well prepared, both academically and personally, for the training program and who show evidence of genuine interest in the welfare of patients.
Our program participates in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) and follows the ethical guidelines established by the NRMP in the selection of residents.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer.