Thank you for your interest in our residency program!
- We have NO unfilled positions at this time.
- We do not offer extracurricular observerships.
- We do not sponsor any type of Visa.
Applications are accepted exclusively through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) program. The deadline for receipt of application is December 31st. Information about the ERAS program is available at your dean’s office or through the ECFMG office.
For your application to be considered, you must meet the following requirements:
- Achieve passing scores, with no more than two attempts per exam, on the USMLE Steps 1 and 2 (Clinical Knowledge & Clinical Skills). Scores must be documented prior to Match deadline.
- No more than five years out of medical school
- Be a U. S. citizen or a permanent green card holder with a valid driver’s license (any state)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Dean’s letter (MPSE)
- Medical school transcript
- Foreign medical graduates must have at least one year of supervised clinical experience in a United States health care facility within the last two years
- Provide valid ECFMG certificate, if applicable
The Residency Faculty will review applications and will offer interviews to applicants who meet ALL of the above criteria.
Our program participates in the National Resident Match Program (NRMP) and follows the ethical guidelines established by the NRMP in the selection of residents.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information please contact:
Martha Garrett-Shaver, M.D.
1617 North Washington