Welcome From the Program Director
Thank you for your interest in our program!
Our Vision is to inspire a passion for lifelong learning and service in our residents and to provide state-of-the-art compassionate healthcare for patients throughout all stages of life, from cradle to grave, in a patient-centered medical home.
Our Mission is to provide a core curriculum which includes the body of medical knowledge and skills needed in order to prepare our graduates for any type of practice opportunity available within the specialty of Family Medicine.
I want to share with you what makes us special:
- Happy residents;
- 44 years of experience (since 1975);
- 277 physicians graduated;
- Over 100 years of teaching experience among eight full-time and one part- time M.D. faculty members;
- 652 Community Hospital beds
- Unopposed residency (except for Internal Medicine, which operates at different hospitals) in a metropolitan service area of 500,000 plus;
- Diverse patient mix;
- Procedures taught include: vasectomy, colposcopy, toenail removal, joint injection, etc.;
- Orthopedic training in the model clinic with a board-certified a orthopedic surgeon and a primary care sports medicine fellow;
- Community physician support;
- Safe communities;
- Award-winning public schools;
- Award-winning public library;
- Fayetteville has been named to Livability.com’s Top 100 Places to Live in the U.S. as well as being the #5 place to live on U.S. News & World Report’s list.
- Recreational opportunities including:
- State parks
- University of Arkansas sports events
- Naturals Baseball team
- Festivals-Bikes Blues & BBQ, War Eagle Craft Fairs, Spring Fest, etc.
- Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art
- Outdoor activities including boating, fishing, hiking, bicycling, etc.
We hope you will consider making an application to our program.
Have a great Day!
Ronald Brimberry, M.D.
UAMS Northwest Family Medicine Residency
1125 N. College Avenue
Fayetteville, AR 72703
Phone: (479) 521-0263
Fax: (479) 521-8723
Email Dr. Brimberry