Welcome From the Program Director
Thank you for your interest in our program!
Our Vision is to inspire a passion for lifelong learning and service in our residents and to provide state-of-the-art compassionate healthcare for patients throughout all stages of life, from cradle to grave, in a patient-centered medical home.
Our Mission is to provide a core curriculum which includes the body of medical knowledge and skills needed in order to prepare our graduates for any type of practice opportunity available within the specialty of Family Medicine.
I want to share with you what makes us special:
- Happy residents;
- 42 years of experience (since 1975);
- 260 physicians graduated;
- Over 100 years of teaching experience among five full-time and four part-time M.D.s;
- 652 Community Hospital beds
- Unopposed residency (except for Psychiatry and Internal Medicine, which works at different hospitals) in a metropolitan service area of 500,000 plus;
- Diverse patient mix;
- Procedures taught include: vasectomy, colposcopy, dermatologic procedures, toenail removal, joint injection, etc.;
- Surgical training in the model clinic with board-certified a orthopaedic surgeon and a board-certified dermatologist and at the VA Medical Center;
- Community physician support;
- Safe communities;
- Award winning Public Schools;
- Award winning public library;
- Recreational opportunities including:
- State parks
- University of Arkansas sports events
- Naturals Baseball team
- Festivals-Bikes Blues & BBQ, War Eagle Craft Fairs, Spring Fest, etc.
- Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art
- Outdoor activities including boating, fishing, hiking, bicycling, etc.
We hope you will consider making an application to our program.
Have a great Day!
Linda McGhee, M.D., Residency Director
Family Medicine Residency Program
1125 N. College
Fayetteville, AR 72703
Phone: (479) 521-0263
Fax: (479) 521-8723